FAN VALUES NOT COMING

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Wed Feb 2 09:54:03 CET 2005

Hello,

> I am  toby ,working in hcl infosystems. i am working on AMASON   mother
> board now.Its an ipmi based board ,but in this board one health monitoring
> chip  W83627HF AW is also there.I ve loaded the module for W83627HF . im
> getting all voltage and temperature values.but only 3 fan values are
> coming.but the board supports 6 fans.And in the BIOS it shows all the fan
> values.
> It has been specified in the data sheet for W83627HF (not W83627HF AW) that
> only 3 fans are supported .Is there any  other data sheet available
> specifically for W83627HF AW.if it is there could you plz kindly send me
> the same to this mail id .

I don't think that the W83627HF-AW is anything different from the
W83627HF, it's most probably the exact same thing. So I doubt there are
6 fan monitors in your chip. Most likely the fan inputs are multiplexed,
or you have an additional fan speed monitoring chip on your board. I
invite you to ask your motherboard manufacturer for additional
information.