I have information on Winbond W83627EHF Chip

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Wed Feb 9 09:53:54 CET 2005

Hi David,

> Oops, I forgot to get you some of the other information you asked for:
>
> Output from lspci:
> 00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) LPC Interface
> Bridge (rev 02)
> 00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) IDE
> Controller (rev 02)
> 00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corp. 82801EB/ER
> (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)

OK, 00:1f.3 is missing, I guess that the SMBus was disabled by the BIOS.
This explains why sensors-detect missed it.

If we were absolutely wanting to access something on the SMBus we could
try and reenable it, but since we supposedly have a different, faster
way (ISA) to access the hardware monitoring chip, it's just not worth
it.

Thanks,