AS99127F PWM: how to explore

Lev A. Melnikovsky leva at despammed.com
Sat May 7 00:18:31 CEST 2005

Hi!

Sorry for my previous message, I hoped to get some response from the
mailing list robot...

I have recently tried to communicate with ASUS people about this chip and
the answer was "information is confidential". I have a couple of ASUS
motherboards here, so I want to figure out how it works myself. Now the
question is if there is some simple way to control these registers? I am
using 2.4.30 kernel with the lm_sensors-2.9.1. Everything works fine but
PWM and some BEEP flags. Is there a simple script to be run from userspace
or I should patch the driver to have raw registers control? I'm going to
connect oscilloscope to fan power pins to see the effect. Any advice is
appreciated. Yes, I have read doc/chips/w83781d :-)

Thanks
-L.