[lm-sensors] Andigilog aSC7621 & Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard

Michael Nelson michaelnel at comcast.net
Sun Dec 24 02:22:25 CET 2006

On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 05:44:49PM -0700, George T. Joseph (development) wrote:

> Anyway, apply the patch to a 2.6.18 or greater kernel.

I tried applying it to SUSE 10.2's linux-2.6.18.2-34 kernel source.  It
seemed to apply OK and I enabled it in .config, but when I recompiled the
kernel:

<snip>

  CC [M]  drivers/hwmon/adm1031.o
  CC [M]  drivers/hwmon/adm9240.o
make[2]: *** No rule to make target drivers/hwmon/asc7xxx.c', needed by drivers/hwmon/asc7xxx.o'.  Stop.
make[1]: *** [drivers/hwmon] Error 2
make: *** [drivers] Error 2

So I guess it actually did not apply the patch correctly.

Michael

--
If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is
"God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to

San Francisco, CA