[lm-sensors] I switched from AMD XP TB to AMD Mobile Barton (it8217) and now CPU temp = -74*C

Filip Tsachev filip.tsachev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 08:24:04 CET 2006

Hello,

if I use the set sensor 2 - I get:

Temp 3:      +74°C  (low  =   +35°C, high =   +55°C)   sensor =
thermistor

If I use type 3 - I get:

Temp 3:      -79°C  (low  =   +35°C, high =   +55°C)   sensor = diode

I have no compute temp 3 line, if I try the suggested (for some other board
in the conf file) -15.096+1.4893*@), (@+15.096)/1.4893

It's going down to:

 -134°C (diode)

If I try the following formula: compute temp3 (@+128)/3, (3*@-128)

I get +16*C

The CPU temp should be around 45-55*C.. please guys help me out here, what
could be done?

--
Cheers,
Filip