[lm-sensors] wrong readings for w83627ehf on p5mt-m - solution

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Tue Jan 31 22:03:33 CET 2006

Hi Alexander,

> you are right  - there is w83792ad chip on board.
> I am sorry I did not see it  - but the lm_sensors did not even probe
> for it (see below). Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Asus has the habit to hide the W83792D/AD chip on their boards by
multiplexing the SMBus using arbitrary GPIO pins. This is why
sensors-detect fails to even see the chip.

We need additional information from Asus to work it out. They helped
Rudolf Marek a few times before already, so hopefully they'll help
again.

Thanks,