[lm-sensors] no sensors found on Intel se7230 server board

Dan Haab dhaab at gpengineering.com
Tue Jul 25 21:56:27 CEST 2006

I have an Intel SE7230 server board that has (at least) the following
sensors on it:  Philips NE916 and National PC8375.  However I am having no
luck in getting lm_sensors to recognize these devices.  After following the
QUICKSTART as well as reading the INSTALL I cannot figure out why this would
be.  I would like to be able to at least scan the I2C bus for devices but
the address that shows up when I run 'i2cdetect' appears to be out of the
valid range:

Installed I2C busses:
I2c-0	smbus	SMBus I801 adapter at 3000	Non-I2C SMBus adapter

I am sure that lm_sensors should work with this motherboard as Intel uses
lm_sensors as part of its Server Manager software for linux.

I am running lm_sensors-2.10.0 on RHEL 3 update 7.

Thanks