[lm-sensors] PATCH- i2c-iop3xx platform driver avoid addressing self

Peter Milne Peter.Milne at d-tacq.com
Sun Jun 18 17:54:42 CEST 2006

Hi Jean

Thanks very much for reviewing this patch, you have given me some useful
insights.
Please consider the revised patch which addresses the issues you raise.

Jean Delvare wrote:

>Hi Peter,
>

>>Avoid addressing self when sending a Master address. Follows instruction
>>in Intel 80331/80321 manuals.
>>Ignoring this worked previously on 80321, but causes a hang on i2cdetect
>>on 80331
>>

>Can't you simply disable the slave address? You don't seem to use it
>anyway.

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to disable the slave address.

>BTW, you must be using an old version of i2cdetect, as the slave address
>appears to be forced to 0x02 in the i2c-iop3xx driver (not a smart
>choice...) and i2cdetect does no more scan this address by default.

OK, new patch leaves the slave address at default 0.
I note that i2cdetect now scans from 0x3, but I'd still prefer to
prevent writes to the device's own address since this wedges the unit.

>>+#define I2C_ERR_WRITEMYSAR      (I2C_ERR+10)
>>

>Please use tabs, not spaces, for alignment.

After forcing emacs to cooperate, tabs it is.

Thanks

Peter.

Peter Milne			Peter.Milne at d-tacq.com
D-TACQ Solutions Ltd		www.d-tacq.com