[lm-sensors] i2c-i801 on Intel Server Board se7525gp2?

Jim Cromie jim.cromie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 16:58:33 CEST 2006

Nick Ellson wrote:
> I am hoping to get some help understanding why lm_sensors is not finding
> what it need on my two servers. I am trying to follow the Identifying your
> Hardware process and this is what I get:
>
> gubbie ~ # /usr/bin/sensors -s
> Can't access procfs/sysfs file

This is where things have gone wrong.
Is this a kernel you configured and built ?
You have 2 identical boxes, I guess both fail the same way ?

I have noticed the absense of /sys/* directory exactly 2x,
both times it was transient (corrected on next boot, wo any other changes)
I dont recall finding any similar reports, but also dont recall how
thoroughly I searched.

Esp if youve built your own kernel,
you should try a few of the live-CDs out there, and see if they are able
to create a /sys dir.