[lm-sensors] DS75

Alan Clucas alanc at pipstechnology.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 12:01:17 CET 2007

Jean Delvare wrote:
>>> OK. Attached is a patch against sensors-detect from our SVN repository.
>>> Please give it a try, it should detect your DS75. Compared to the LM75
>>> detection, I removed the cycle-over-8 test as your kernel patch did,
>>> and additionally I'm checking that registers 0x08 to 0x0f behave the
>>> same as 0x04 to 0x07 (which isn't true of the LM75.) If it works OK for
>>> you, we can use the same approach in the lm75 kernel driver. Please
>>> report.
>> (...)
>> Your sensors detect patch works fine:
>
> OK, patch applied to lm-sensors SVN.
>
> I'm still waiting for updated kernel and libsensors/sensors patches.

It is on my todo list still - been side tracked by some other things so
don't expect it until next week. Sorry.

I'm not going to try for >9 bit precision. An interesting side effect of
running i2cdump is to change it from 9 bit precision (which it shows it
is setup for the first time it is run after a reset) to the dump that
you saw in my earlier mail. Odd. (Which is why the kernel patch I posted
earlier did work for me).

Alan