[lm-sensors] fintek f71806f "support"
Hans de Goede
j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Jul 8 20:56:16 CEST 2007
While updating the f71882fg wiki entry I noticed the f71806f entry said that
there is no datasheet, however the same webpage offering the f71882fg datasheet
has the f71806f datasheet too.
So I downloaded it to add detection code to sensors-detect, but we already
detect it as a ... f71872f, because they have the same devid (fintek did the
same with the f71882fg and the f71883fg) . I've been comparing all the hwmon
pages of the f71806f and f71872f page by page, here are the results:
1) The 71872 has hwmon register 09h "documented" as External BJT Offset
Register, with all bits reserved.
2) The 71872 has VIN_FAULT Mode Register 3 Index 39h, bit 7 documented,
marked as r/w and ... reserved, the 71806 has it as just reserved
3) VIN_FAULT STATUS Register Index 3Ah, bit 7 idem as 2)
1) The 71872 has T1 OFFSET Register -- Index 90h, and T2 at 91h and T3 at
92h, which the 71806 lacks according to its datasheet
1) The 71872 has bit 3 of VID Control Register Index 00h defined, for the
71806 this bit is reserved
Notice that the identical device id means that sofar sensors-detect has been
identifying the 71806 as a 71872, and most likely people have been loading and
using the 71872 driver on this chip too, I assume that the 71872 driver uses
the temp offset registers, and this could cause some troubles. Unfortunately I
haven't been able to find a way in the datasheets to find out which chip we are
really dealing with.
More information about the lm-sensors