[lm-sensors] Intel D975XBX2 motherboard "no sensors found"

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Sun Jul 22 16:17:46 CEST 2007

mike corn wrote:
> Motherboard: Intel D975XBX2
> CPU: Core 2 Quad 6600
> Linux: Ubuntu 7.04
> lm-sensors: 2.10.1
>
> Your online docs are in shambles, so perhaps I did not understand them.
> Here is exactly what I did:
>
> 1. sensors-detect: found i2c-i801 and eeprom
> (I answered YES to all queries, including the auto add to /etc/modules)
> 2. modprobe i2c-i801 and eeprom

> 3. sensors --> "no sensors found"

Thats normal, no supported sensors were found on your motherboard, only
supported eeproms, but those are not sensors.

So it seems that your motherboard currently is not supported most likely it
uses Intels new AMT technology, we want to support this in the future, but
sofar there is no concrete plan for this.

Regards,

Hans