[lm-sensors] MSI K9N4 SLI-F sensors-detect says use w83627ehf but it won't load

David Hubbard david.c.hubbard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:06:15 CET 2007

Hi Curt,

On 3/20/07, Curt Blank <curt at curtronics.com> wrote:
> Ug. Yes I can do that and I will. I was just thinking in order to take a
> decent picture I'm going to have to disconnect everything and this server
> has a lot. I'll do that tonight. And thanks for the quick reply.
>
> Just for grins yesterday I tried loading all the Winbond drivers and I got
> a number to load successfully but there were no sensors. Unless having
> multiple loaded causes a conflict. i2c_dev might not have been loaded
> though, if that makes a difference.
>
> -Curt

You may be able to find a picture of the motherboard online...

You also don't have to take a picture of the motherboard if you can
identify which is the hardware monitoring chip...

For example: you should be able to find the CPU. It will be close to
the Northbridge. There might be a southbridge / ATA controller on the
board. There will be very few other large chips. So just google all
the letters and numbers on each chip and you should be able to tell
what each does.

Post results here. :-)

David