[lm-sensors] Motherboard-specific configurations (sensors4mobo)

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Wed Mar 28 13:20:33 CEST 2007

Ivo Manca wrote:
> Hey Ed,
>
>> I looked at sqlite when developing sensors4mobo but many ISPs do not
>> include it and I did not want to add any dependencies that would limit
>> usage or make installation harder.

<lots of explanation by Ivo about sqlite plans snipped>

Actually I have been thinking about using the annotating of sensors.conf file
myself in the past, but I thought sqlite would be easier to use, esp. on the
web-side. Since with sensors4mobo we kinda get the web-side for free, and I
also _really_ like the idea of the database being a dir of textfiles with one
file per motherboard allowing for easy tinkering / experimenting by end users,
I think it might be a good idea to go with the dir with one textfile per mobo.

But less discuss this further tomorrow at our (face to face) meeting. Jean, any
thoughts / preferences on this?

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Ed, I'm really glad you've stepped forward with this, it could really be a
great help!