[lm-sensors] Athlon 64 X2 Dual core:Core0 17°C , Core1 25°C: is Core0 not used?

Dieter Rogiest dieter.rogiest at telenet.be
Thu May 10 22:34:32 CEST 2007

On Thursday 10 May 2007 21:31:39 Rudolf Marek wrote:
> To "burn" on both cores issue on two terminals:
>
> dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/null
>
> dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/null
Yes, I checked it with Ksysguard monitor: I let it show system load for CPU0
and CPU1. They both go up to 99%.
When I stop the "burn" command in the second terminal, the system load in CPU0
drops to zero.
> Anyway, I think the CPU temp is not properly calibrated.
Is it possible to calibrate them? Or is the difference between Core0 and Core1
set in the hardware?

Dieter