[lm-sensors] PATCH: fix building of 3.0.0-rc3 on powerpc and other non-intel archs

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Sun Nov 18 18:12:02 CET 2007

Hi Hans,

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 12:16:32 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just build 3.0.0-rc3 for Fedora's devel branch and it needs the attached
> patch to compile on powerpc.
>
> I've not committed this to svn as I'm not sure this is the best way todo this.

Good catch, thanks. I'd rather address the problem in the top Makefile:
there's no point in including prog/dump in the list of source
directories if we won't build anything there. So I'd suggest something
like:

ifneq (,$(findstring $(MACHINE), i386 i486 i586 i686 x86_64))
SRCDIRS += prog/dump
endif

in the top Makefile. Then you can even remove the architecture tests
in prog/dump/Module.mk, as they will be redundant, and clean up that
file a bit.