[lm-sensors] Winbond W83L786G support

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Thu Nov 29 09:51:56 CET 2007

Hi Sagar,

On 28 Nov 2007 16:04:54 -0000, Sagar Borikar wrote:
> I am using Winbond W83L786NG chip in my box and I wanted to test
> it using lm-sensors. I could find the driver patch for this chipe
> supported in 2.6.23-rc4 onwards. But couldn't find the corresponding
> code in lm-sensors. Even lm-sensors-3.0.0 is not having chip
> specific code.Can anyone tell me how this monitor can be tested?

Please read this thread:
http://lists.lm-sensors.org/pipermail/lm-sensors/2007-November/022032.html

lm-sensors 3.0.0 doesn't need have any chip-specific code, so it's no
surprise that you didn't find any W83L786NG-specific code there. It's
per design, now that the sysfs interface is fully standardized. So
please give a try to lm-sensors 3.0.0, it should work. If it doesn't,
please report.