[lm-sensors] dme1737 0-002e: Write to register 0x30 failed!

Juerg Haefliger juergh at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 19:44:24 CEST 2007

Hi Juergen,

On 9/25/07, Juergen Bausa <Juergen.Bausa at web.de> wrote:
> What does this mean (taken from /var/log/messages)?
>
> Sep 23 12:11:22 lisa kernel: dme1737 0-002e: Write to register 0x30 failed! Please report to the driver maintainer.

What exactly is unclear about the message? The write fails (for
whatever reason). I should probably print out the return value as
well...
More interestingly is the register address. 0x30 is the current PWM
duty-cycle. It only gets written during driver initialization or if
userland does manual PWM control.

> I get this sometimes (every some hours). I use the dme1737.ko without on my asus system
> (Pundit P1-AH2) with Athlon BE-2350.

What apps are you running that touch the driver? Are you doing manual
PWM control?

...juerg