[lm-sensors] Single Sensor Check

sensored at CubicC.com sensored at CubicC.com
Fri Aug 15 20:38:09 CEST 2008

Hello, all!  I need to add a check for an alarm to a single sensor in my C
program, and I'd like to do so without the overhead of calling out to an
external program and parsing its output (plus all the error-checking, etc.).
I have been having some issues compiling lm-sensors (so that I can step
through with a debugger), so perhaps you can help me short-circuit this
process a little:

Is there a way to read the value of a sensor (all it throws is ALARM or
nothing) from somewhere (e.g. in a protected area of memory)? For example,
dmidecode finds an SMBIOS table at a particular memory location, copies it,
and just navigates the table to find the values for the DMI info... Are
sensors accessible in a similar manner?

Thanks!

-Ken