[lm-sensors] it8705: nonsense temperature readings

Hector Lahoz Grañena hectorlahoz at yahoo.es
Sun Aug 24 10:19:35 CEST 2008

-----  Original message ----
De: Agile Aspect <agile.aspect at gmail.com>
Para: Hector Lahoz Grañena <hectorlahoz at yahoo.es>
CC: lm-sensors at lm-sensors.org
Enviado: domingo, 24 de agosto, 2008 2:42:57
Asunto: Re: [lm-sensors] it8705: nonsense temperature readings

Incidentally, if you have rack mounted computers in a computer room
with centralized air conditioning, then it's highly likely you have cold
and hot spots in the computer room.

Hence, the assumption that thermostat temperature should be equal
to the computer temperature may not be valid.

----- End of original message ----

I think that's not the problem. The room has no air conditioning and the
air temperature measure was taken 1 m. away from the processor at
the same height. I also attached a thermocouple to the heatsink and
the readings were always higher than those from the it8705, which is
quite incoherent.