[lm-sensors] How to Communicate with chips on the ISA bus/SMBus?

Javier Andres Caceres Alvis javier.caceres at arandasoft.com
Mon Aug 24 23:59:50 CEST 2009

Hi there,

This is a low level (native development) question. A motherboard can contain
sensors to read many values (voltage, fan speed, etc).
I understand that many manufactures place this information at ISA-SM I/O
ports.
I have a Fintek F71882 "Super Hardware Monitor" datasheet which tells the
memory addresses where bit registers are located, but I don't know how to
access to such as memory blocks under Windows.

Here a list of some hw monitor/sensor manufacturers:
http://www.almico.com/forumsensors.php
Here an explanation on ISA/SMBus funtionality:
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/FAQ/Chapter1

Thanks a lot. unfortunally these topics lack of documentation under windows.

Javier Andres