[lm-sensors] Temperature for AMD Phenum ll X4 955 with motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Mon Dec 14 10:50:16 CET 2009

Hi Nima,

On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 16:37:35 +0330, nima chavooshi wrote:
> First of all thanks for your efforts on lm-sensor
> I recently bought and AMD Phenum ll X4 955 with motherboard MSI 790FX-GD70.
> I have some widget on KDE that show temperature for GPU and CPU, but these
> widgets can not display for CPU.
> What module should I install for get information about temperature of my CPU
> ? Of course I have run sensor-detects script and have got this result :
> *Driver `to-be-written':
>   * Chip `AMD K10 thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)
>   * ISA bus, address 0x600
>     Chip `Fintek F71889FG Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)
>
> Note: there is no driver for AMD K10 thermal sensors yet.*
>
> May any one guide me for address this problem ?

There will be a new driver in kernel 2.6.33 for this CPU family. Until
it gets merged, the patch is there:
ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jdelvare/linux-2.6/jdelvare-hwmon/hwmon-k10temp-new-driver.patch

Support for the F71889FG was merged last week:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commit;h=7669896f499e1bce5cfb38f2685ff583ecdb24dd

So you'll need kernel 2.6.33 for this system, once it is released (in
~3 months.) If you have the possibility to test the drivers before that
and to report, that would be great.

http://khali.linux-fr.org/wishlist.html