[lm-sensors] ADT7463

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Thu Jan 1 15:24:38 CET 2009

Enrico Ng wrote:
> I have a JVC Mininote XP-MP7431 laptop.  It is pretty old but I know
> that I can control the fan using speedfan in windows.  I'm having
> trouble getting my sensors working in linux.  I am using ubuntu.
> When I do "sensors-detect" it does not detect anything.  I've tried
> need to recompile the kernel to add support or something.  I'm not sure
> whats already in there as I can't find the .config.
>
> I'd appreciate any help.
> Let me know if you need the output from any commands, I'm unsure about
> what to attach.

Hmm,

That chip should be detected just fine, can you please try this version of
sensors-detect:
http://www.lm-sensors.org/browser/lm-sensors/branches/lm-sensors-3.0.0/prog/detect/sensors-detect?format=raw

(All you need to do is safe the one file and make it executable)

And include the output of running this in your next mail?

Regards,

Hans