[lm-sensors] lm-sensors 3.1.0 has been released!

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Sun Mar 1 11:28:00 CET 2009

Hi all,

Yesterday evening I released lm-sensors 3.1.0 as planned. The numbering
reflects the presence of significant changes in this release:

* Completely reworked sensors-detect. Support for Linux 2.4 was
  dropped, devices probe order was reverted (integrated sensors first,
  I2C/SMBus chips last), bus driver names are retrieved from sysfs, bus
  number prediction was fixed, modules we loaded ourselves are unloaded.
  The script is significantly smaller, and smarter.
* Improvements to libsensors. Circular dependencies in the
  configuration file are detected and dealt with, and more importantly,
  support for multiple configuration files was added. This is an important
  step in the direction of automatic lm-sensors configuration. Also some
  performance and memory usage improvements. Support for instantaneous
  power sensors and current sensors.
* The format of /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors was changed. The new format
  is easier to edit, which will ease integration with external tools.
  Use the included script sysconfig-lm_sensors-convert to convert from
  the old to the new format.
* New default sensors.conf file. Much lighter, with only always-correct
  statements. Big performance boost, and hopefully less confusion for
  the user.
* And as usual, random fixes to all tools.