[lm-sensors] lm-sensors 3.1.0 has been released!
khali at linux-fr.org
Sun Mar 1 11:28:00 CET 2009
Yesterday evening I released lm-sensors 3.1.0 as planned. The numbering
reflects the presence of significant changes in this release:
* Completely reworked sensors-detect. Support for Linux 2.4 was
dropped, devices probe order was reverted (integrated sensors first,
I2C/SMBus chips last), bus driver names are retrieved from sysfs, bus
number prediction was fixed, modules we loaded ourselves are unloaded.
The script is significantly smaller, and smarter.
* Improvements to libsensors. Circular dependencies in the
configuration file are detected and dealt with, and more importantly,
support for multiple configuration files was added. This is an important
step in the direction of automatic lm-sensors configuration. Also some
performance and memory usage improvements. Support for instantaneous
power sensors and current sensors.
* The format of /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors was changed. The new format
is easier to edit, which will ease integration with external tools.
Use the included script sysconfig-lm_sensors-convert to convert from
the old to the new format.
* New default sensors.conf file. Much lighter, with only always-correct
statements. Big performance boost, and hopefully less confusion for
* And as usual, random fixes to all tools.
More information about the lm-sensors