[lm-sensors] pwmconfig can only control fan speed at beginning and fancontrol won't work

Allen Edwards allen.p.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 17:06:54 CET 2009

> > Is this acceptable?
>
> Yes it is, even though I would be a little more cautious:
>
> if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/fancontrol -a -r /etc/fancontrol ]
> then
>        /usr/local/sbin/fancontrol
> fi

OK, thanks.  You have been a huge help and my wife is very happy with the
result.  That makes me happy as well!

As I understand it, /usr/local/sbin/fancontrol will not run without being
there or having its control file there so I am thinking I am OK without the
added protection you offer and I think I will leave things there unless I am
missing something other than clean programming style.

Again, thanks so much for your help.

Allen