[lm-sensors] LPC47M192-NC Fans

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Mon Nov 30 22:41:27 CET 2009

Hi Sean,

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 16:30:42 -0500 (EST), Sean Fidler wrote:
> I recently installed Ubuntu Server 9.10 on a Compaq Presario
> S4000NX. Sensor info: chip is LPC47M192-NC and the bus is
> bus "i2c-2" "SMBus I801 adapter at 1880"
>
> When running "sensors" no information is shown for the CPU fan (there
> are no entries for fans at all.) Only entries for voltages and
> temperatures are available.
>
> pwmconfig states that there are no modules installed. Am I out of luck
> with trying to control the CPU fan speed? Thanks!

Full output of sensors-detect please. The SMSC LPC47M192 is supported
by two drivers: smsc47m1 for the fans and smsc47m192 for the voltages
and temperatures. Make sure both are loaded. If it still doesn't work,
please also provide the contents of /proc/ioports and check for error
messages in your kernel logs when loading the smsc47m1 driver.