[lm-sensors] it87 / acpi / DSDT-dump (ASUS P5V2D-MX)

Manuel Knitza manuel.knitza at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Oct 13 16:27:08 CEST 2009

Jean Delvare schrieb:
> On Tue, 13 Oct 2009 15:37:34 +0200, Luca Tettamanti wrote:
>> So my advise to you is to use asus_atk0110; if you need to directly
>> control the fans (not possible with the ACPI driver) then use
>> "acpi_enforce_resources=lax" and load it87 (and do *not* load
>> asus_atk0110).
>
> I thought the asus_atk0110 driver was being automatically? If I'm
> correct then one needs to _blacklist_ the asus_atk0110 driver for it to
> not load.

i think in general, yes. but only if available. as a gentoo-user i´m
adjusting my kernel very often. so "blacklisting" for me is done
'automatically' by removing that module from my kernel-config to be
compiled as a module and then doing a "make modules && make
modules_install" (which suffices as only the modules i really need for
booting kernel are not compiled as modules, but into kernel)