[lm-sensors] "No sensors found!" on Intel Entry Storage System SS4200

Hubert Kario hka at qbs.com.pl
Tue Sep 1 20:26:41 CEST 2009

On Saturday 29 August 2009 18:03:36 Tech2009 wrote:
> > Message: 3
> > Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 10:30:25 +0200
> > From: Hubert Kario <hka at qbs.com.pl>
> > Subject: Re: [lm-sensors] "No sensors found!" on Intel Entry Storage
> > System SS4200
> > To: lm-sensors at lm-sensors.org
> >

> > and what shows dmesg?
>
> dmesg output after sensors-detect:
> [ 1815.988770] i2c /dev entries driver
>
> dmesg output after sensors:
> (blank)
So there doesn't appear to be any problem...

> The bundled Linux image does not appear to use the dme1737 module or
> lmsensors. The web interface loads several closed source libraries, and
> I'm not sure how they access the hardware.
They may access the hardware directly, is the web interface running as root?
Also, you may check /sys file system, look in /sys/bus/platform/drivers/ for
it, the module may be compiled in in the bundled image

> Is there something I should try to determine why sensors-detect sees the
> chip but sensors does not?
you could try one of the parameters aviable for the module, for list of all of
them, run:
modinfo dme1737

--
Hubert Kario