[lm-sensors] Ambient Light sensor for Intersil-ISL29020 device

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Wed Sep 2 14:51:36 CEST 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 16:22:29 +0530, Trisal, Kalhan wrote:
> This driver used Hwmon interface ,

No, it doesn't. It registers as a hwmon device but it doesn't implement
_any_ feature listed in Documentation/hwmon/sysfs-interface. Which can
be easily explained: your device is not a hardware monitoring device.

> I don't find the ils29003 registering with hwmon. I still believe
> this should be part of hwmon group.

No, it shouldn't. hwmon is for hardware monitoring. Other sensor types
must find a different home.