[lm-sensors] Driver for SMM665 power controller

Guenter Roeck guenter.roeck at ericsson.com
Thu Apr 22 09:08:57 CEST 2010

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 02:54:05AM -0400, Jean Delvare wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:13:25 -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > does anyone know if there is a driver for the SMM665/SMM766 power controllers ?
>
> I don't know, but this isn't the right list to discuss this. lm-sensors
> is about power monitoring (amongst other), not power control. Please
> contact the power subsystem maintainers and list.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. The chip provides "Power control and monitoring".

On the monitoring side, the chip provides 10 voltage monitor channels plus a temperature sensor.

For a Linux driver, monitoring would be of interest, not control.
It would probably not be a good idea to let SW change the voltage levels on a board.

Guenter