[lm-sensors] Ambient temperature sensor driver

Nold Danny-R59715 R59715 at freescale.com
Wed Aug 25 19:42:11 CEST 2010

Hello lm-sensors group,

I'm developing a Linux driver for a PMIC that includes an ambient
temperature sensor.  In trying to determine where the temperature sensor
driver piece should belong in the Linux driver hierarchy, I discovered
this group and the temperature sensor drivers in the /hwmon directory.

My question: Does a driver for an ambient temperature sensor belong in
hwmon, and is it consistent with the lm-sensors project?  I ask because
the purpose of this driver is not "monitoring the hardware health of
Linux systems containing hardware health monitoring hardware".

If this driver does not belong in hwmon, is there an obvious home for
it?

Thanks,
Danny Nold