[lm-sensors] How to compile k10temp?

Mark Preston emp2008 at att.net
Tue Feb 16 21:39:01 CET 2010

I have an  MSI motherboard (K9N6PGM-V2) and AMD cpu Athlon II X4 620 (4
core cpu). I have found that some people have LM-sensors for K10 working
in Ubuntu (Karmic, v 9.10) and I downloaded the driver:
lm_sensors-3.1.2.tar.bz2 and following the instructions, tried make all,
but the terminal returned error messages.

I read at the wiki about AMD

Family 10h CPU, family 11h CPU

and drive k10temp which is in kernel 2.6.33.

My OS: Karmic:~$ uname -r = 2.6.31-19-generic

so will k10 and LM work if I compile a .33 kernel, or will it be OK if I
compile the K10 into the .31 kernel?

I'm not a programmer, but I can do some compiling tasks, as I'm not
unfamiliar with ./ and such. I just need to know what order to issue the
commands in and which ones need 'sudo' in front of them.

Can someone please point me to a tutorial or how-to and help me compile
this into my OS?