[lm-sensors] ATK0110 on older Asus board

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 15:56:34 CET 2010

Hello,

I have a 4-year-old Asus A8N-VM CSM motherboard, which has a W83627EHG chip
for hardware monitoring. I recently upgraded to kernel 2.6.31 and ran into
the "Device or Resource busy" error when trying to load my existing
w83627ehf module. After some research, I discovered that I should use the
asus_atk0110 module instead. So, I updated my kernel config to build that
module and it will load with no problem, but "sensors" is ignoring it. When
I modprobe the module, it silently succeeds (it's listed in lsmod) but there
are no messages in dmesg or the syslog to indicate any activity from the
module, which makes me suspect that my board is not currently supported by
this module. I did confirm that it has the atk0110 chip (ls
/sys/bus/acpi/devices shows a ATK0110:00 entry). Am I doing something wrong,
or do you need a DSDT dump to support my motherboard, or...?

Thanks,

Karl Newman