[lm-sensors] ATK0110 on older Asus board

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 17:40:24 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote:

> Hi Karl,
>
> On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:12:33 -0800, Karl Newman wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org>
> wrote:
> W83627EHG
> and
> did
> > >
> > > Which version of lm-sensors are you running? "sensors -v" will tell
> > > you. Minimum version for asus_atk0110 support is 3.1.0, as documented
> > > on:
> > >  http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices
> >
> > Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I'm using 3.1.1 (sensors version 3.1.1
> with
> > libsensors version 3.1.1), on Gentoo, along with kernel 2.6.31-gentoo-r6.
>
> OK, that would be a kernel-side problem then. I guess that you don't
> have a /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon* directory created for the asus_atk0110?
>
> I'm adding Luca to Cc, your best chance is probably to send him your
> DSDT in private and let him investigate.
>
> If an updated BIOS exists for your motherboard, you may have to use it.

I have a /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0 directory, but it's for the k8temp module.
If I unload k8temp and load asus_atk0110, there's no /sys/class/hwmon
directory. I can't use a new BIOS because the newest one breaks boot-time
USB support, so I'm using one version back. I had DSDT problems with this
board with early version of the BIOS (I had to load a custom table in the
kernel to fix the errors), but later BIOS versions fixed the problem. I'm
sending my DSDT to Luca in a separate mail. Thanks for your help!

Karl Newman