[lm-sensors] ATK0110 on older Asus board

Luca Tettamanti kronos.it at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 18:11:53 CET 2010

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 5:52 PM, Karl Newman <siliconfiend at gmail.com> wrote:
> The reason I thought there would be some
> dmesg or syslog entries is that I saw something like that in the mailing
> list about the ATK0110 (it looked like it was enumerating devices it found).
> The email didn't say where that text came from, though...

They comes from the driver, but only when HWMON_DEBUG_CHIP is enabled.

> Thanks for looking into this. I've attached my DSDT (dumped via cp
> /proc/acpi/dsdt A8N-VM_CSM.DSDT).

Ugh. The AKT0110 node is totally empty, nonetheless the hwmon methods
are available.
The driver is failing because the method used to identify the mobo
(MBIF) is missing (and the printk isn't verbose enough).
I suppose I could relax the check and probe the interface even if it's
not possible to id the board.
I'll prepare a patch.

Luca