[lm-sensors] proliant dl120

Lisa Salvadorini projects at anteasrl.it
Wed Jan 20 11:31:07 CET 2010

Hi,

I have a proliant dl120 server, with centos 5.4 and I want to monitoring
the temperature and fault of the server but the software of hp seems
don't work.
I have trid to install lm-sensor but the result is:

[root at serverhost bus]# yum install lm_sensors
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
* addons: centos.intergenia.de
* base: centos.xengage.it
* extras: centos.xengage.it
* updates: centos.intergenia.de
Setting up Install Process
Package lm_sensors-2.10.7-4.el5.x86_64 already installed and latest version
Package lm_sensors-2.10.7-4.el5.i386 already installed and latest version
Nothing to do
[root at serverhost bus]# sensors-detect
# sensors-detect revision 5291 (2008-06-23 23:40:46 -0700)

This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need
to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. It is generally safe
and recommended to accept the default answers to all questions,
unless you know what you're doing.

We can start with probing for (PCI) I2C or SMBus adapters.
Do you want to probe now? (YES/no):
Probing for PCI bus adapters...
Use driver `i2c-i801' for device 0000:00:1f.3: Intel ICH9

We will now try to load each adapter module in turn.
Module `i2c-i801' already loaded.
If you have undetectable or unsupported I2C/SMBus adapters, you can have
them scanned by manually loading the modules before running this script.

We are now going to do the I2C/SMBus adapter probings. Some chips may
be double detected; we choose the one with the highest confidence
value in that case.
If you found that the adapter hung after probing a certain address,
you can specify that address to remain unprobed.

Next adapter: SMBus I801 adapter at 1c00 (i2c-0)
Do you want to scan it? (YES/no/selectively):
Client found at address 0x51
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1033'... No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1034'... No
Probing for `SPD EEPROM'... Yes
(confidence 8, not a hardware monitoring chip)
Probing for `EDID EEPROM'... No
Client found at address 0x53
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1033'... No
Probing for `Analog Devices ADM1034'... No
Probing for `SPD EEPROM'... Yes
(confidence 8, not a hardware monitoring chip)
Probing for `EDID EEPROM'... No

Some chips are also accessible through the ISA I/O ports. We have to
write to arbitrary I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe though.
Yes, you do have ISA I/O ports even if you do not have any ISA slots!
Do you want to scan the ISA I/O ports? (YES/no):
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78' at 0x290... No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78-J' at 0x290... No
Probing for `National Semiconductor LM79' at 0x290... No
Probing for `Winbond W83781D' at 0x290... No
Probing for `Winbond W83782D' at 0x290... No

Some Super I/O chips may also contain sensors. We have to write to
standard I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe.
Do you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no):
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
Trying family `National Semiconductor'... No
Trying family `SMSC'... No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Fintek'... No
Trying family `ITE'... No
Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
Trying family `National Semiconductor'... No
Trying family `SMSC'... No
Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Fintek'... No
Trying family `ITE'... No

Some south bridges, CPUs or memory controllers may also contain
embedded sensors. Do you want to scan for them? (YES/no):
Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595... No
VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors... No
VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors... No
AMD K8 thermal sensors... No
AMD K10 thermal sensors... No
Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor... No

Sorry, no sensors were detected.
Either your sensors are not supported, or they are connected to an
I2C or SMBus adapter that is not supported. See doc/FAQ,
doc/lm_sensors-FAQ.html or http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/FAQ
(FAQ #4.24.3) for further information.
If you find out what chips are on your board, check
http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices for driver status.

What I have to do??

Many thankx
--

*Ing. Lisa Salvadorini*

/Antea Projects/

projects at anteasrl.it <mailto:projects at anteasrl.it>

/Toscocom by Antea srl/

/Via Pisana, 336 int.13/

/50018 OLMO -- SCANDICCI (FI)/

/Tel. +39 055 790 600/

/Fax +39 055 790 797/

/ITALY/

*/P Before printing, think about the environment/*