[lm-sensors] ATK0110 on ASUS P6T WS Pro (BIOS 0804): CHASSIS3 FAN Speed is always 0 RPM

Luca Tettamanti kronos.it at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:58:07 CET 2010

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Reinhard Nissl <rnissl at gmx.de> wrote:
> Am 24.01.2010 14:32, schrieb Luca Tettamanti:
>
>>> what can I do to make it report the real fan speed like shown in
>>> the BIOS?
>>
>> Please send me a copy of the DSDT (/sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT).
>
> Attached.

Ok, I don't see the EC so we can rule it out. Both old and new
interfaces are present and both seem functional; the mapping between
the labels and the fan methods is consistent across the interfaces.
A couple of questions:
- which kernel are you using?
- does the BIOS use _exactly_ the same labels as sensors? (e.g. is
chassis printed all in upper case?)

Luca