[lm-sensors] "No sensors found!" on Intel Entry Storage System SS4200

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Sun Jan 31 14:05:24 CET 2010

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:27:21 -0500, Lou Gosselin wrote:
> The email didn't specify the range to dump, but thanks for the advice.
> I'm attaching the output for 0x2e.
> Let me know if you'd like anything else.

I've looked at the dump, and the device ID is 0x69 as expected by the
driver. So this wasn't the problem.

Then I've read the thread again, and I see you're running kernel
2.6.26. Our wiki improperly claims that support for the SCH5027 was
added in kernel 2.6.26, but looking at the code, this isn't true.
Support for your chip was added in kernel 2.6.27. So this is no
surprise that the dme1737 kernel driver on your system did not
recognize your chip: it doesn't support it (yet).

I've fixed the wiki. If you want support for your chip, you'll have to
either upgrade your kernel to >= 2.6.27, or backport the dme1737 driver
to your kernel. The version in kernel 2.6.27 should do just fine on
2.6.26:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob_plain;f=drivers/hwmon/dme1737.c;hb=549edb83327f2a5027a22d65b10603b01dc40175