[lm-sensors] config for Gigabyte P55-US3L

yuri.nefedov at gmail.com yuri.nefedov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 14:12:54 CEST 2010

   Hi Jean,

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, Jean Delvare wrote:

>>   Unfortunately wiki page (http://www.lm-sensors.org/wiki/Configurations)
>>   is not working  (requires authorization).
>
> It is working. There's no rule stating that all wikis in the world have
> to be publicly writable.

    Yes, you are right. Probably it will be good to add on this page
    a link to mailing list with sentence to send configuration to it.

>> -12V:       -12.01 V  (min = -10.84 V, max = -13.17 V)
>
> This one is wrong. in7 is 5VSB on all IT8720F chips, because it's
> internal. So you want:
>
>   label in7 "5VSB"
>   compute  in7  @ * (6.8/10+1), @ / (6.8/10+1)
>
> If the value isn't correct for you, then you probably need the
> following patch of mine:
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jdelvare/linux-2.6/jdelvare-hwmon/hwmon-it87-fix-in7-on-IT8720F.patch
>
> According to my notes, all Gigabyte boards need it (BIOS bug.)

    Yes this value is wrong for this motherboard:

5VSB:        +3.60 V  (min =  +4.49 V, max =  +5.51 V)   ALARM

    I did not yet tried you patch.

    I found that it is not the only bug in BIOS.
    Yesterday the temperature of CPU was -30C.
    After switching off/on the temperature returned to normal.

    Also the voltages in4 and in6 are mysterious.
    In the attachment the plots for them (weekly-voltage2.png)
    and load average of the system (weekly-la.png).
    Do you have any idea that it can be?

   Thanks a lot.
   Yuri.