[lm-sensors] Getting sensor information from HP ProLiant DL360

Markus Fischer markus at fischer.name
Tue Jun 15 15:55:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

our new machine arrived today and I'd like to get as much information
out of it as possible. I'm using Debian Lenny with a
2.6.26-2-vserver-amd64 kernel, arch is x86_64 .

I've installed lm-sensors (sensors --version reports sensors version
3.0.2 with libsensors version 3.0.2 , package is 1:3.0.2-1+b2 ) and ran
"sensors-detect"; attached is the output.

"sensors" only reports one information for me:

$ sudo sensors
acpitz-virtual-0
Adapter: Virtual device
temp1:        +8.3°C  (crit = +31.3°C)

I'm missing other temps, fans, CPU, etc. and I'm wondering how I could
improve the situtation; I couldn't find out much what the current status
of lm-sensors support for my machine is. I looked at
http://lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices and only found one reference to HP
stating:

"
   SMSC 	 SCH4307 	 yes 	 	 	 	 (2010-02-11) Super I/O with hardware
monitoring capabilities. Used in HP servers. Datasheets only available
under NDA, no driver yet."

I guess it applies to me, but I'm not sure?

"sensors" suggests to load the module "ipmisensors", I search turned up
http://bmcsensors-26.sourceforge.net/ for the 2.6 kernels. However, the
patch available from
https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=114509&package_id=199597
(link for ">=2.6.17" kernels) does not apply, and the other link
"impisensors-experimental" to
http://bmcsensors-26.sourceforge.net/ipmisensors/ doesn't work.

Are there any other options?

thanks,