[lm-sensors] Upgraded my old Debian box's Kernel from 2.6.30 to 2.6.32, and missing datas in lm_sensors.

Phillip Pi ant at zimage.com
Mon Mar 8 22:43:14 CET 2010

> > > If you do, please make sure to blacklist the ACPI "thermal" driver.
> >
> > Where do I set blacklist it?
>
> Depends on the distribution. Sometimes it's enough to add:
>
> blacklist thermal
>
> to /etc/modprobe.d/*.conf, but sometimes init scripts actively load the
> thermal driver, so you have to hack them or at least edit
> distro-specific config files.

Thanks. I see existing files in mine:
$ ls /etc/modprobe.d/
aliases.conf              blacklist-bluetooth   libpisock9.conf
alsa-base-blacklist.conf  blacklist.conf        linux-sound-base_noOSS.conf
alsa-base.conf            fbdev-blacklist.conf  oss-compat.conf

> > What is bad about "thermal" driver?
> > Conflict?
>
> Yes. The thermal driver will access the same I/O ports as the w83627ehf
> driver, without any synchronization between them, so very bad things
> can happen.

In older Kernels like v2.6.30, did this conflict happen too? I only
remember seeing inaccurate values like for voltages. Speaking of
voltages, which part is responsibile for voltages showing that I don't
have in 2.6.32, but did in 2.6.30?
--
Quote of the Week: "This isn't a war. It never was a war, any more than
there's war between man and ants." --artilleryman from H.G. Wells' The
   \ _ /                 E-mail: philpi at earthlink.net or ant at zimage.com
    ( )