[lm-sensors] asus_atk0110 Not Activated in lm_sensors-3.1.1-3

Luca Tettamanti kronos.it at gmail.com
Fri May 7 10:07:33 CEST 2010

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 6:48 AM, Marc <digitelp at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the response, but fortunately, I found the solution and its one
> that your group ought to be telling others about.

It's not that we're hiding it, it's even mentioned in the FAQ.

> For later kernels, 2.6.32 the ACPI has gotten very strict and will not permit
> older drivers to function.  To get around all that I added acpi_enforce_resources=lax
> to the kernel load and it did the trick.

Yes, I'm aware of this (I wrote the patch that enabled strict
validation by default). This is not the preferred solution though,
you'll revert to having two drivers touching the same hardware without
coordination.
The real bug here is that asus_atk0110 - which uses the monitoring
interface provided by Asus - is not working correctly on your board.

Luca