[lm-sensors] hwmon and GPIO fan

Simon Guinot simon at sequanux.org
Mon Oct 11 16:25:58 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am currently looking to add hwmon support for the fan device found on
Network Space Max v2 boards (ARM Kirkwood SoC).

The fan speed can be configured trough GPIOs. The GPIO settings allow to
change the fan input voltage (via some resistors).
After a quick look at the hwmon sysfs interface, I have failed to find
the appropriate way to expose a non-pwm fan. If any, what is the
dedicated sysfs entry to set speed for a non-pwm fan ?
Maybe that a fake pwm interface is needed ?

Thanks in advance.

Simon