[lm-sensors] Compiling 3.2.0

Jean Delvare khali at linux-fr.org
Wed Oct 13 21:23:21 CEST 2010

Hi Andrey,

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:05:41 +0400, Andrey Repin wrote:
> I've a kind of an issue. It was true for 3.1.2 and now for 3.2.0.
> Programs building fine with exception of /prog/init/sensord.init - after
> compilation, it retain all the @tokens@ typical for pre-configure scripts. But
> as far as I can tell, the compilation does not involve configure process.
> So, how to get past this?

sensord.init isn't installed by default. It is there as legacy
documentation, and isn't actively maintained. As the header comment
says: "tested for RedHat 7.2 only". It even looks for odd module
aliases which I have never seen before, so this must pre-date my
involvement in the project, 8 years ago. So I'm pretty certain it
no longer works.

So I suggest that you simply forget about sensord.init. If nobody
objects, I'd even vote for deleting this old file to prevent further
confusion.