[lm-sensors] Writing a .conf for Supermicro X8DTH-6F board

Kristleifur Daðason kristleifur at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 14:56:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to get fan control running on a Supermicro X8DTH-6F
motherboard[*]. Supermicro tech support provided me with a specification
file for the hardware monitor chip, a Winbond W83795AG. I have built and
installed lm-sensors 3.2.0. I'm trying to understand how to convert the
specifications into a good lm-sensors config file.

Here's an excerpt from the specifications file:

—
Windbond W83795AG, Slave Address=0x2f (0x5E in 8-Bit format)
Fan1 Fan Speed, Offset 0x2e           RPM = 84375/Data
CPU1 Voltage, Offset 0x10             Voltage = Data* 0.008
CPU2 Voltage, Offset 0x11             Voltage = Data* 0.008
+5V Voltage, Offset 0x1f              Voltage = Data* 0.008 * (40/10)
—

If I understand this at all, to get the fan monitoring to work, I want to
assign offset 0x2e to fan1, and add a compute line for fan1 like so:
"compute fan1 84375/@, @*84375". Does that make sense?

Thanks!

- Kristleifur

[*] http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/QPI/5500/X8DTH-6F.cfm