[lm-sensors] System instability with Supermicro X8DTi-F and w83795...

Erik Brakkee erik at brakkee.org
Tue Apr 12 17:33:27 CEST 2011

Philip Pokorny wrote:
> Your motherboard BIOS includes fan speed control and a BMC for sensor
> monitoring
>
> Use ipmitool and perhaps bmcsensors module to monitor sensors.
>
> Go into the bios and under hardware monitoring arrow down to see fan
> speeds and then select the ES fan profile (lowest) rather than Off,
> performance, balanced. That should make the fan speeds much slower and
> quieter
These are the steps that I already took.  But I would like to use
fancontrol because then I can make it really quiet most of the time, yet
keep the server relatively cool when under high load. Are you saying
that it is not possible to use fancontrol in combination with my
motherboard?

Nonsense and other useful things: http://brakkee.org
MountainHoppers: http://mountainhoppers.nl
Track Detective: http://trackdetective.com