[lm-sensors] testing "w83627ehf" and "k10temp" on ASRock E350M1

Aleksej Serdjukov deletesoftware at yandex.ru
Wed Apr 13 12:10:54 CEST 2011

On 2011-04-07 16:24, Jean Delvare wrote:
> On Thu, 07 Apr 2011 13:11:44 +0400, Aleksej Serdjukov wrote:
> Negative temperature are relatively common and usually mean that the
> thermal sensor in question is missing (temperature monitoring channel
> is unused.) Nothing to worry about, just ignore the reading. We will
> only investigate if you have an evidence that the temperature value
> should be reported correctly (the BIOS or another OS is reporting it.)

I've seen AUXTIN have values of -9.5, -9, -8.5 (changes with no restart
needed).

>> So can I ignore it when choosing fan speed? Or see that it doesn't go to
>> the 90°C maximum?
>
> In your specific case, the k10temp driver seems to report reasonable
> values so there is no reason to ignore it.

Yesterday I watched the fan speed while compressing, and it switched
from being auto-controlled (~4000-4300) to full-speed after temp1 shown
68°C (then compression ended). The temperatures went down quickly, but
the fan speed seemed to never go below 4800 after that (unless I missed
another heat-up).

>> Vcore:       +1.13 V  (min =  +0.00 V, max =  +1.74 V)
>
> Does this value increase if you put much load on the CPU? It's quite
> different from the 1.304 V reported by UEFI.

Since I turned C6 on in UEFI, Vcore in sensors is about 0.5-0.6 V when
idle (that is mentioned in a Russian review with a screenshot:
<http://www.overclockers.ua/motherboard/amd-apu-zacate/).

>> CPUTIN and temp1 slowly increased (CPUTIN from 44-46 to 48-49, temp1
>> from 56 to 67-69).
>
> 69°C is dangerously close to the limits. Which is odd given the high
> fan speed. Are you sure the case gets enough cooling from the outside /
> can get the hot air evacuated properly?

So, is it dangerous with the table maximum for the APU being 90°, and
with the MSI E350IA-E45 auto mode starting the fan at 70 (same review,
page 3)?

FWIW, in <http://patchwork.coreboot.org/patch/2687/> Scott wrote "The
SIO is Nuvoton NCT5572D."