[lm-sensors] Will there ever be EMC6w201 support?

Harry G McGavran Jr w5pny at arrl.net
Fri Apr 15 17:25:27 CEST 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:57:23 +0200 Jean Delvare wrote:
> Hi Harry,
   .
   .
   .

> While the EMC6W201 is a pretty complex chip with many advanced
> features, basic monitoring of voltages, fans and temperatures shouldn't
> be that hard to implement.

FWIW: I installed the i8kutils and driver and forceloaded the driver.
They seem to be able to read the fan speeds, but not the CPU
temperature.  So, there is some code around that works with
this machine, but not entirely.  That may be a place to look too.

	Harry McGavran

--

Harry G. McGavran, Jr.

E-mail: w5pny at arrl.net