[lm-sensors] i2cdetect running slow but not "bus inactive" slow, not sure why?

Wayne Tams wayne.tams at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:33:37 CET 2011

Hi,

i2cdetect is behaving in a fashion that I have not seen before and I
just would like to know if anyone has a suggestion on what it is
telling me.

Normally i2cdetect returns in <1s, if the bus were inactive it would
take closer to 20s. However I'm finding that the scanning is taken a
round 5s and the addresses returned appear random, except for one.
Obviously there must be a fault in my hardware, but I just wanted to
make sure that was/wasn't a common explanation for this behaviour
before I go debugging up the wrong tree.

Thanks

Wayne