[lm-sensors] Support for IT8510E possible?

Guenter Roeck guenter.roeck at ericsson.com
Sat Dec 24 17:54:50 CET 2011

On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 12:15:47AM -0500, Enoch Leung wrote:
> Hi,
>
>      I have an old laptop Gateway ML3109 which has a ITE 8510
> (IT8510E?) according to Gateway's specification.  I think the same
> motherboard is used by many Gateway laptop models.  May you help on
> adding support for this chip to lm-sensors?  Thanks.  I am using
> Gentoo and there is no driver for it as of kernel 3.1.5.  According to
> ITE's website, the chip function as KBC (that's what Gateway list it
> as), fan control, hw monitoring and watchdog etc.
>
> http://search.gateway.com/s/Mobile/Q106/Bishop/4006148R/4006148Rsp2.shtml

Looks like this would require a completely new driver, so someone with a board
would have to have the time to write a driver.

I added your request to the lm-sensors device support page.

I added support for the IT8510E to sensors-detect. It would be great if you can download
http://roeck-us.net/linux/sensors/sensors-detect and run it to see if it works.

Thanks,
Guenter